-Martin Luther King Jr.
What is a Captivating Retreat?
A Hill Country Women on Fire Captivating Texas is not a retreat about the “how to behave and become the perfect woman.” It is a four-day journey into the recovery of our feminine hearts and seeing the truth of how God sees us. For if we are going to know who we truly are as women, if we are going to find a life worth living, we must first recover what has been lost. We must get our hearts back.
Why is it for me?
Look at the movies we love, the books we read; watch little girls at play. You will learn something very important about the feminine soul. These are the desires that shape our hopes and dreams; they are essential in order to live life as a woman. Misplaced, forgotten, or misdirected, these desires do not simply go away; they go underground and surface later in addiction, control, and shame. We pay a high price when we neglect the core passions of our hearts.
Tell me more about the retreat
- It’s open to all women 18 and above
- We ask that you arrive between 4:00 pm and 5:30pm Thursday evening. The retreat will end on Sunday at noon.
- The retreat location is Knott Creek Falls 2583 Fiedler Road, Harper TX, 78631
- The nearest Airport is San Antonio Airport located 78 miles away (1.5 hr by car)
- We will be covid conscious and will only have 2-4 women per cabin unless otherwise agreed on. Each woman has her own bed.
- The all-inclusive cost is $300 which includes lodging, 8 meals, plenty of snacks, coffee & tea station, journal, and supplies.
- It is recommended but not required to read ‘Captivating’ by Stasi Eldredge prior to attending.
- Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation by Registrant
- Full payment is required at the time your reservation is made for this event. You may cancel your registration and receive a refund of your registration fee up to 30 days prior to the date of the event; provided, however, you will be charged a $100 handling fee upon the cancellation of your registration. In the event that you cancel your registration less than 30 days prior to the date of the event, you will forfeit the entire registration fee. To cancel your registration, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation by CaptivatingTX
- If the event is made impossible by any act of God, war, earthquake, flood, fire, strike, sickness, accident, epidemic, pandemic, act of government, its agencies or officers, or any other legitimate cause beyond our control, we will cancel the event and refund your full Captivating TX event registration fee to you. This includes Covid-related shutdowns or restrictions that would make the event possible, but compromised.
- Cancellation by Registrant
- If you have any other questions please Email Angela Hudson at email@example.com
Please read this to register. You're almost there.
Release, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk
This is a legally binding release, waiver, and assumption of risk made by me to any and all individuals who call themselves the Hill Country Women on Fire (Captivating TX). I wish for myself to be able to utilize the facilities located at Knott Creek Falls, as well as any off-site facilities where a particular activity is conducted (the Facilities) during the retreat sponsored by Captivating TX commencing on 3/31/2022 and ending on 04/03/2022, as well as to participate in any activities sponsored, organized or recommended by the Organizations during such period (the Activities), and I hereby agree as follows:
I acknowledge and understand that there are certain dangers and risks to which I may be exposed by utilizing the Facilities or participating in the Activities, including the risk of serious physical injury, temporary or permanent disability, and death, as well as severe social and economical loss. The risks may arise not only from my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, or the condition of the Facilities or of any equipment used. I also acknowledge and understand that there may be other risks not presently known or reasonably foreseeable.
I understand that I am not required to participate in any Activities or to utilize the Facilities, but that I freely choose to do so, despite the possible dangers and risks and despite this release, waiver, and assumption of risk. I hereby assume all risks from my participation in the Activities and utilization of the Facilities.
In partial consideration (in addition to monies paid to the Organizations for the opportunity to participate in the Activities and utilize the Facilities) of the opportunity to participate in the Activities and to utilize the Facilities, and/or to receive assistance, training, guidance and/or instruction from the personnel of the Organizations, I agree, on behalf of my family, heirs, and personal representative(s), to assume all risks and responsibilities surrounding my participation in the Activities and utilization of the Facilities. To the maximum extent permitted by law, I release and indemnify the Organizations, and their respective trustees, officers, employees, and agents, from and against any and all liability, actions, debts, claims, and demands of every kind whatsoever, specifically including any claim for negligence or negligent acts or omissions and any present or future claim, loss, or liability or injury to person or property that I may suffer, or for which I may be liable to any other person, that may or does arise out of my participation in the Activities and my utilization of the Facilities.
I acknowledge that prior to accepting this release, waiver, and assumption of risk, I have had an adequate opportunity to read and understand it, and any questions I have had have been answered to my satisfaction.
By registering for this event I agree to use my best judgment in participating in the Activities and utilizing the Facilities, and to faithfully adhere to all safety instructions and recommendations, whether oral or written. I hereby certify that I am a competent adult assuming these risks of my own free will, being under no compulsion or duress.
In the event of any serious physical injury, temporary or permanent disability, or death, I hereby grant permission to the Organizations to contact one or more of the individuals listed on the attached (provided at retreat) Personal and Emergency Information sheet.
If you agree, hit the “Register” button below!
REGISTRATION is currently closed and will open soon with details for Fall of 2022!